TVSL Junior Information
For Junior TVSL 2017 Players must be born
2003 through 2007.
£145 per player.
- Payable by bank
transfer, cheques, cash or Paypal.
- Will consist of
up to 6 teams.
- They will play
home and away in the League.
- Positions in the
League will determine start positions in the Finals.
- All games will be played at Bracknell.
- All games will be full-ice
- Total 10 league,
plus playoff games.
- Most games will be played
in the early afternoon Sat and Sun through May, June and July.
- Games will be
full-ice 2 * 20 running clock.
- Each team will
have 1 goalie and 10 players.
- The team may appoint 2 "A"s
and a "C" as they feel fit.
- Players absent for 3 games
without notification will be automatically withdrawn and a partial refund
- Fighters and abusers will be
dismissed without refund.
- Players who constantly complain will
be asked to leave.
- Parents who constantly complain will
be asked to withdraw their child(ren).
- Teams with fewer than 10
players for a game will have substitutes from other teams appointed.
Support and care
- The tournament is open to both
boys and girls.
- There will be a separate changing room allocated to the girls.
- When numbers are short owing to absences, the organisers
will appoint players to fill the slots.
- Benches will be run by a parent.
Encouragement and line change calls are expected - yelling will be most
- All teams will be picked by the league organisers, but you may indicate a preference of who you want to be with on your application form.
- The League is for fun.
- The goal of the tournament is to provide fun in a recreational ice hockey environment.
- The tournament manager will hold
a couple of spare shirts for each team to be used as he sees fit
- If you have gripe then please feel free to chat or email by Tuesday evening. We can often fix problems if we know about them.
- Named and numbered shirt is included in the price
- Socks included in the price
- Full hockey equipment is required for all players.
- All players must wear a face cage and neck guard.
- Under 13s rules without icing.........
- Offside will be called
- Icing will not be called.
- An unsportsmanlike minor penalty will be called on any player who is not sharing the ice time with other players on their team.
- Minor penalties are 2 minutes, major penalties are 5 minutes except for fighting for which you will be expelled from the tournament without refund.
- Game Misconducts and Match Penalties are not expected, but if they occur they will be reviewed by the Wednesday after the event.
- The clock will
only stop at the direction of the supervisor or referee or when the teams are tied or there is a 1 goal difference in last
5 minutes of game.
- When a team is winning by 5 or more goals then that team can only ice 4 players until difference is reduced.
- All players are entitled to equal ice time. Penalty box time (other than Bench Minors) is ice time!
- All ice time will
be used. If there is time remaining then the clock will pause - whatever the
score - in order to use the complete time slot.
- The league reserves the right to suspend players for serious violations, dangerous or inappropriate conduct on or off the ice.
- All league decisions are final and are not subject to appeal
- All breakages will be paid for by the person who broke it.
- If you are the type of player who finds its necessary to challenge many of
the referees calls, then please feel free to look for your summer enjoyment
- Referees where possible will be
appointed from the Senior section.
- Linesmen where
possible will be appointed from the Junior or Senior players
officials are not expected to
officiate at professional standards, the juniors will often be asked to line
Benches will be run by the team, a
parent will operate the door.
Parents will be asked to help with
some of the off ice tasks, those in the penalty box getting the best view of the
- These folk are
there to enhance enjoyment, not player reputation.