TVSL Senior Information
Under 16s may not play against Over 18s.
This rule was introduced to protect the younger guys from injury or abuse
and to protect the older guys from worry. TVSL works to this.
Therefore all players registering to play seniors must 16 or over on 12th May
2017 to play seniors.
TVSL welcomes new/weaker players.
The more experienced have a habit of helping newer guys.
£165 per player
- Payable by bank
transfer, cheques, cash or Paypal.
The Senior League Structure
- Will consist of
up to 8 teams.
- They will play
home and away in the League to make 10
- All games will be played at Bracknell
- Total 10 league,
plus playoff games.
- Games will be played
between 15:15 and 20:15 Sat and Sun through
May, June and July.
- Games will be
normally be 3 * 20 running clock.
- Each team will
have 1 goalie and 13 players.
- The team may appoint 2 "A"s and
a "C" on the day as they feel fit.
- Players absent for 3 games
without notification will be automatically withdrawn.
- Players who are well above
"recreational" standard may not be accepted.
- Any player who struggles to
join in the concept of "recreational" hockey will be asked to leave.
- Fighters and abusers will be
dismissed without refund.
- Constant complainers etc will
be asked to leave.
- Teams with fewer than 12
players for a game will have substitutes from other teams appointed.
Support and care
- The tournament is open to both Male and Female players.
- There will be a separate changing room allocated to the girls
(although the facilities won't be great).
- When numbers are short owing to absences, the league organisers may appoint players to fill the slots.
- All teams will be picked by the league organisers, but you may indicate a preference of who you want to be with on your application form.
- The League is for fun.
- The goal of the tournament is to provide fun in a recreational ice hockey environment.
- The tournament manager will hold a couple of spare shirts for each team to be used as he sees fit.
- If you have gripe then please feel free to chat or email by Tuesday evening. We can often fix problems if we know about them.
- It is in everyone's interest to
let us know when you will be away. (1) We can appoint someone else to play in
your place and (2) We can appoint you to play in someone else's place to make
up your game count.
- Named and numbered shirt is included in the price
- Socks are included
in the price.
- Full hockey equipment is required for all players.
- All players under 18 years old must wear a face cage and neck guard.
- No body checking
- No hitting
- No boarding
- No fighting/roughing
- Offside will be called
- Icing will not be called.
- Players wearing their own socks
instead of the TVSL issue may enjoy a 2 minute illegal equipment penalty.
- An unsportsmanlike minor penalty will be called on any player who is not sharing the ice time with other players on their team.
- Minor penalties
are 2 minutes, major penalties are 5 minutes except .....
will be expelled from the tournament without refund.
- Game Misconducts and Match Penalties are not expected, but if they occur they will be reviewed by the Wednesday after the event.
- The clock will
only stop at the direction of the referee or when the teams are tied or there is a 1 goal difference in last 5 minutes of game.
- When a team is winning by 5 or more goals then that team can only ice 4
skaters until difference is reduced.
- All players are entitled to equal ice time.
Penalty box time (other than Bench Minors) is ice time!
- All ice time will
be used. If there is time remaining then the clock will pause - whatever the score - in order to use the complete time slot.
The Senior league table will be sorted on
- Results between tied teams
- Penalty minutes
- League goal difference
- If drawn at full
time in the finals it will go to 3 on 3 plus goalies for 5 minutes. If no result
then it will be a draw.
- (Of course if there is ice time
available these rules will change on the day!!)
- The league reserves the right to suspend players for serious violations, dangerous or inappropriate conduct on or off the ice.
- All league decisions are final and are not subject to appeal.
- All breakages will be paid for by the person who broke it.
- If you are the type of player who finds its necessary to challenge many of
the referees calls, then please feel free to look for your summer enjoyment
- Referees and Linesmen are not
paid at, nor expected to officiate at, professional ice hockey standards.
Off Ice officials get a couple
of quid towards a drink and those in the penalty boxes get the best view of the
- These folk are
there to enhance your enjoyment, not your reputation.